POSITION SUMMARY: The HVAC Mechanic will help (Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas and Oil Furnaces & Boilers) while maintaining the highest level of customer service and team approach to achieving work goal. Understands and masters all types of HVAC systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impacts the overall operations of the system as a whole. Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) install, maintain and repair indoor air quality systems includes performing warranty services and emergency repairs.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Appropriate manager or supervisor
SUPERVISION OVER: None
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must have experience in general HVAC , maintenance and attention to detail.
Background checks are mandatory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed do not include all tasks which may be performed in the position of HVAC MECHANIC.
- Assist with HVAC tasks and work, supports team, and installs equipment
- Completes a wide range of HVAC work from routine and non-routine maintenance
- Performs diagnostics and emergency repairs of commonplace HVAC equipment and systems, and perform routine preventative maintenance
- May help sustain company’s growth by offering customers beneficial products and services such as preventive maintenance and service warranty
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Install new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, evaporator units in chassis or in air-duct system
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to a power source
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation
- Skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems
- Guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements
- Responsible for air quality systems from installation to system’s end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty and emergency repairs
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned and responds to emergency requests
- CFC, Masters HVAC Certification (preferred)
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate-Required.
- Experience: 2-4 years.
- Experience Substitution for Education (If allowed): Yes.
- Licenses/Certifications: Not required but would be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Familiarity with HVAC systems, wiring and tubing equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Accountability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detailed and ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly and customer focused to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct
- Safety awareness to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and communication skills
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods may be required
- Generally, works alone, may work on some weekends, and after the close of business hours may be required
ADDITIONAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Age: 20 years old
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, reference check and drug screenings
- Pass random drug and alcohol testing after hire
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Join ATA today!!